Reporting Software – Accurate and Timely Access for Management Reporting
Powerful and Flexible Reporting: 230+ practical,
Jim2 comes with many types of reports commonly run by management and staff every day. Reports are 'context sensitive' – meaning you only see relevant reports relating to the section of Jim2 you are currently in, eg. If you are in a quote – you will only see the quote report menu.
Here are some examples of Management Reports found in Jim2:
- Stock reports such as Stock Valuation, Stock Profit and Stock Back Order
- Top "X" reports such as Top 20 Customers by value or profit or Top 20 Sales items by Quantity or Value
- Management reports for business analysis such as P&L and Balance Sheet, and Cashflow
- Accounts based reports such as Statements, Aged Receivable, and GST reports etc
- Object and function reports such as Invoices, Quotes, List Reports, delivery dockets, etc
- Support Documents such as price stickers, address labels for envelopes, courier-friendly box labels for shipments
All reports can be customised with the Jim2 inbuilt report designer.
Jim2® Built-in Report Designer
One of the most important functions available in any business software is the reporting function. Businesses use reports in a variety of ways, and reports should be able to produce useful and relevant information in an easy to read format. Jim2 gives you the option of using the report formats we have already designed, customising those formats to better suit your business, or creating your own reports using the Jim2 Report Designer function.
Jim2 Report Designer is an entire application in itself – however it is tied into Jim2 functionally. The reports available within each Jim2 Object or function were created, and can be created using Report Designer. The 'portal' to access the Report Designer is Report Explorer – a 'holding area' in effect, where reports are maintained.
Reports themselves are a combination of information and calculations, made available in specific and useful formats:
- Object and function reports such as Invoices, Quotes, List Reports, Delivery Dockets, etc
- Management Reports such as Export Sessions, Stock Profit Reports, GST (accrual)
- Support Documents
Report Designer allows you to produce these types of reports from within Jim2 by combining (programming):
- RAP (Report Application Pascal)
- Specific objects or components to execute events, using your data
- Scripts used to generate data pipelines for use in your reports
Built-in Scripting Engine
Jim2 fully supports JSON and XML recordsets, the core technology used in B2B and B2C applications, and includes a fully integrated scripting engine and development environment. This provides Jim2 with unparalleled power to be tailored to specific company and/or industry requirements, and provides the 'glue' to easily tie Jim2 into existing legacy applications, or new technologies as they become available.
Scripts, or 'complete Jim2 Report datasets' (jrpt files) can easily be imported into Jim2 and instantly become seamlessly integrated into Jim2 generally, or at a specific object level.
The Stock Profit reports within Jim2 are good examples of complex functions that are entirely scripted. These reports include a powerful selection criteria form (script form) and create several SQL queries to order the relevant data and grouping.
The new scripting engine in Jim2 v4.0 enables us to move to the latest technology, and provide many additional benefits to all Jim2 users. The biggest opportunity is the inclusion of ‘Server Side’ scripting, which basically means we can offer many powerful Jim2 reports to Jim2 Mobile, traditionally only accessible from your Jim2 desktop.
Definable Options & Setups
The Jim2 Business Engine is supplied as a general business and financial management tool for the sales and/or service sector. As such, it is supplied with a set of typical Option Defaults or management-oriented Options pre-set. Jim2 is designed, however, to work behind the scenes – taking care of detail for you. To maximise your software investment, you should 'tailor' Jim2 to follow your work rules and management practices. By setting up specific defaults to suit your management needs, Jim2 will automatically implement these defaults and criteria for users to follow. Options are available to tailor your database are:
- Company structure
The Setup screens allow you to tailor the Jim2 Business Engine to suit your specific workflow needs. Setups 'personalise' Jim2 to reflect your work practices, and 'define' issues as below. Setups in the most part, form the dropdown lists available within Object forms – although you have set general and Object defaults via Options, the alternate choices available are made via the Setup Screens:
- Naming Budgets
- Price Levels
- Job Priority
- Job Type
- Labour Type
- Invoice descriptions
- Naming Branch Sub Branch & GL Department
- Stock Locations
- Stock Bins
- Payment Types
- Tax Codes
- Stock GL Groups
- Ship Via
- Payment Terms
- Stock Attributes
High level, definable Security
- Security Level or access is identified by Security Groups – each employee (user) belongs to one Security Group and only has the access rights to certain areas and functions within Jim2 that have been set up for that Security Group
- Security Groups are identified with a Report Level. When reports are devised, they are identified by ascending Report Levels – the higher the number, the more sensitive company information it contains
- Security Groups are also identified by their Status Level to limit status (Strict Workflow movements)
- Security Groups are also given a Price Break Movement ranking to limit volume break discounting
True multi-user capability
In developing Jim2 we have focused heavily on two prime objectives:
- The need to make Jim2 practical to use so that it requires minimal effort to maintain, is easily deployed and will genuinely assist you in the day-to-day work of running a business
- The need for the software technology itself to be stable and 'bullet proof' in terms of reliability and functionality
Unique 'object locking' technology
Jim2 is a truly scalable multi-user application. Because records are being accessed and edited across many users, the need to keep data secure in edit is particularly important. From the ground up, Jim2 is designed to be used in real business applications. In business accounting software where all users are accessing one data source (database), the risk of corrupting files and losing system performance is very real. To counter this, other software places limits on user access that can detract from usability.
Jim2 has been developed with new and unique software technology that gets around these limits.
SQL/MSDE transaction based processing
Technically Jim2 is a proper 32 Bit, multi-tiered, 'thinnish' client application. What this means to you is that if a 'client' machine is being used to edit or add data, and the client machine crashes or hangs for any reason, the database remains unaffected.
Internally, Jim2 treats everything as an 'object' (a job is an object, and an invoice is an object, etc.). When you start to process an invoice, all the relevant objects are locked – a database transaction is started, all the related data is updated or modified, the transaction is completed, and then all the locked objects are freed.
If you are in the middle of an invoice, it either all happened, or it did not happen – there is no halfway, no partial data corruptions. All transactions are handled in SQL server, and controlled at an object level by Jim2 Server.
Live Management Information
- Live drill-down workflow overviews using Lists show exactly what’s going on, for whom, being done by whom and when it's due
- Comprehensive drill-down Sales Register shows all completed invoices for any given period and their value
- Detailed Stock Profit, Stock re-ordering (min qty on hand) and Stock Valuation reporting
- Detailed productivity reporting for any given period
- Live Profit and Loss by Branch, Sub-Branch and GL Department
- Comparison reporting against Budgets by Branch, Sub-Branch and GL Department
Live Profit and Loss by Branch, Sub-branch and GL Department
- Standard Monthly views
- YTD Comparison – will give you a running total of how you have been going from the start of the financial year
- Previous Year Comparison – You can compare how you went this time last year with how you are going right now
- Budget Comparison& – This will compare how you are going now to a designated budget
- Budget Only – Through this you can look at budget/projected P&L
- Display – Specify what time period you want the P&L sorted by
- Group By – If you have set up Branches or Sub Branches, you will have the option to group your P&L by them
- Offset – You can offset your comparisons by year from 9 to -9
- GL Levels – Set how many levels down that you want the P&L to look at
- Include 13th Period – choose to include 13th period in your GL or not
- Show Account Numbers/Show Zero Balances/Show Cents
- By right clicking on the figures you can choose to Hide the Change Columns, do a drill down via Account Inquiry or General Ledger to see what transactions make up these figures
- You can also choose to Export Data to an Excel, HTML, XML or Text file
Budgets by Branch, Sub-branch, GL Dept
- Name Budget/s to suit your own requirements
- Fin. Year – Choose which year you are applying this budget to
- Branches – You can set a budget for a specific Branch, Company or GL Dept
- Account – Choose whether the budget is for a specific account or for an account range
- Calculations – You can choose whether you want Jim2 to do your calculations for you (AutoAdd) or to key them manually (None)
- AutoAdd – lets you choose whether to increment/decrement, in percentages
- Use ‘Based On’ to choose what you are calculating budget from. You can choose to calculate from this year/last year performance or budgets. If you use the increment method you will only be able to select dollars, as you can only increment in amounts, not percentages