Jim2® Business Engine
Version 4.0 Service Release 2
Friday October 28, 2016
Happen Business is proud to offer you the latest version of Jim2 Business Engine, available to all editions, ready for immediate download. This service release includes Windows 10 support and Document Management FREE to all Jim2 subscriptions.
Summary of features version 4.0 includes ...
- New Windows 10 support
- New Scripting Engine and ‘server side’ reports
- New database layer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 compatible
- Brand new document management functionality
- Customer signable reports and Jim2barcode scanning with the latest Jim2 Mobile app
- New clean, flat user interface
- Ability to personalise ribbon and navigation tree
- New labour timers
- Updated labour tracking on jobs, quotes, purchases, documents, etc.
- New security options
- Enhancements to Bank Reconciliation table
- NZ GST summary
- NZ electronic banking support
- Updates to POS Prepayments & Refunds
- eBusiness Connect filtering options
- Updated Jim2 Help File
- And much more...
Please read the Jim2 v4.0 Service Release notes prior to performing the upgrade.
IMPORTANT! Before upgrading, please make sure you know your Microsoft SQL Server 'sa' user password. If you are unsure of this password, please contact your IT support first to verify it before proceeding.
Upgrading from v3.2 and v3.3:
We strongly recommend that you read the Jim2 v4.0 Service Release Notes in conjunction with the Jim2 v4.0 Release Notes prior to upgrading your software.
As Jim2 v4.0 includes the addition of a new scripting engine, we advise that you follow the steps outlined in Getting Ready for Jim2 v4.0 to successfully perform the upgrade to v4.0.
These steps enable you to export any custom scripts you may have to Happen Business for review using functionality available via the v3.3 Service Release. This step is essential to ensure the scripts function as required in Jim2 v4.0 with the new scripting engine. We will review, update and return custom scripts with confirmation that you are ready to upgrade to the latest v4.0 build. Jim2 v3.3 Service Release and Jim2 v4.0 Update files are readily available below.
If you are unsure whether you are running custom scripts, follow the instructions to upgrade including steps to export custom scripts and Happen Business will advise when you are ready to proceed. If any questions arise, please contact Happen Support before doing the update.
Release Notes and Update File
NOTE: The same download applies for all Editions of Jim2 – Jim2 Premium Edition, Jim2 Managed Print Services Edition & Jim2 Managed Services.
To update to the new version you will need to perform the following steps:
- BACK UP YOUR DATABASE.
- Make sure that all Jim2 users are logged off (and stop the Jes2 service if installed and running).
- Once everyone is logged off, then proceed with this update.
- When files are copied Jim2Update program will be launched to import new Jim2 reports
- Select the databases you want to update (all compatible Jim2 databases will be selected by default)
- Follow onscreen instructions.
- Update is finished.
If you have any questions or issues downloading the upgrade, please contact the Jim2 Support Team immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim2® eBusiness Suite
Jim2® eBusiness Framework (Jef)
As of version 3.2, the Jim2 eBusiness Suite and Jim2 eBusiness Framework are included in the Jim2 upgrade.
If you have not been using the Jim2 eBusiness Suite previously then you may need to set up the Jim2 eBusiness Server (Jes). Please refer to the release notes above.
Jim2 EFTPOS Server
V3.3 Build 59
The Jim2 EFTPOS server is required for EFTPOS integration in Jim2.
If you have not been using the Jim2 EFTPOS server previously you do not need it now as it became part the upgrade from v3.2..
For more information on Jim2 EFTPOS Integration please contact your Happen Account Manager.