Photocopier Business Software and MPS Accounting Software
Jim2® Business Engine Managed Print Services (MPS) Edition automates your copier counts/meter reads, as well as managing the accounts, scheduling, contracts, aggregate billing of your Copier business.
Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition is developed and supported in Australia specifically for those in Managed Print Services, Copier Dealers, Office Equipment Businesses or Mixed IT, Copier & MPS Businesses.
- Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition is an integrated solution that offers quicker invoicing & billing
- Reduce your administration costs – your entire operation is managed from within one business system
- Web-based Copier Count/Meter Reads and automation of manual, labour-intensive tasks saves your business time and money
- Advanced Stock Control keeps track of all the assets of your business
- Being able to analyse key performance indicators such as individual 'Machine Profit'
Created Specifically for the Australian Managed Print Services (MPS) and Photocopier Industry
After consultation with the Australian MPS and Copier Industry, Happen Business found that there was a need for business software that could keep pace with the changing face of the copier business and also to automate a lot of the processes that are associated with running a profitable copier sales and maintenance business.
Happen Business developed Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition as a powerful all-in-one multi-user Enterprise Resource Planning solution that streamlines and simplifies accounts and administration, service management and meter requests of your copier business.
One Piece of Software That Manages Your Entire Business
Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition manages every aspect of your business workflow cycle – from stock control, sales, services and customer contact. Its strengths also include invoicing, rock solid financials and reporting.
In addition to all the existing features of the core Jim2 Business Engine, our Managed Print Services Edition focuses on the parts of your business that matter the most:
- Professional Copier-specific Reports
- Premium Aggregate Billing (Consolidated Billing)
- Page Count Billing including Automatic Requests for Meter Reads
- Automatic Calculation of Billing (including Minimum Charges)
- Parts Stock Control
- Machine Profit
- Service Management
- Multi-party billing (ie. Manufacturer & Customer)
- Flexible billing periods
- Meter Copy Kits which allow income from a meter to be split between, say, sales and service.
Recent Enhancements to Jim2® Managed Print Services Edition
Happen Business is proud to announce the release of the latest version of Jim2 Business Engine – Jim2 Version 3.3.
There are many enhancements to Jim2 that this new version brings, of particular note to MPS and Copier Dealers are:
- Completely new billing engine for Managed Print Services which takes into account a myriad of different billing types, including split billing, and unders and overs billing. This splitting out of charges can also give you an effective tool to determine clients who are consistently doing over their minimum allocation:
- Bill clients on different frequencies – charges on a single machine or contract can be billed to any number of clients at different frequencies.
- Tracking or 'non billable' meters – setting up your machine's meters with the rental component and marking it as 'non billable' allows you to track the rental component.
- Charges based on date range – you may have some meter charges that only apply for certain date ranges. This might be because a particular charge doesn't come into effect until the second year of a contract, or you may want to set up increased charges ahead of time. Now you have that flexibility.
- Auto balancing or 'Clawback under' charges – in a perfect world, clients would send in their readings on time and your billing process would be straightforward. In the real world, you need to be able to bill a client their minimum charge without receiving one or more reads. Now you can optionally allow for any under charges to be used to offset any over charges the client may have in the following month.
- Maintaining Master Contracts has been greatly simplified by allowing changes to the Master that can be pushed to all child machines. Track every page against the Master contract to determine how far through a volume-based contract your client actually is, and tailor your offerings to client needs
- Black, colour and scan meter setups can bill different customers and rates for Standard, Unders and Overs Billing
- Consumables preview pane allows you to view all yield information on consumables, such as toners, fusers, servicing, and when these were last supplied
Prior enhancements in Jim2 Version 3.2:
- New Billing Periods – you can set up your Projects to bill in weekly and fortnightly cycles, in addition to current cycles
- Display and choose Projects when adding Jobs – You can now automatically force the project selection screen to display upon entering a Job where the Cust# CardFile has a Project or Machine
- New Stock Macros – For Prepaid Pages and for Master Machines
- New Email and Description Macros – For Page Requests and for Billing Jobs
- New Master Meter Type has been added which accumulates both black and colour meters to determine the agreement minimum volume
- Master Over Rates – A secondary rate has been added to the masters which pages exceed the agreed volume are charged at. Child Machines are adjusted proportionally to reflect the new rate
- New Automated Meter Reads – Jim2 now supports Print Audit and Ricoh Direct
Previous enhancements in Jim2 Version 3.1:
- Prepaid pages – also called 'CopyBlock'
- Machine meter price revision date – bulk update your Machine meter pricing via a Machine list using the revision date.This is perfect for contracted annual CPI increases of meter charge rates
- Debtor/Creditor Contra – Jim2 will make your reconciliation of your Vendor Rebates easier with the new facility to allocate debtor and/or creditor payments to each other. A Jim2 report also makes reporting of the reconciled account simple.(Especially for those of you who are Canon dealers)
- FM AUDIT (PrintSolv) Integration
- Ricoh @Remote integration
- Ricoh Parts Price List upload facility
Jim2® eBusiness Meter Reads
eBusiness Meter Reads Automate your Meter Read collection every month
Jim2 eBusiness Meter Reads (included in Jim2 Managed Print Services Edition) is an easy, user friendly way for your clients to submit their meter reads to you via a simple webpage interface, saving you hours of data entry per month.top
Your Customers can now enter their meter reads via a simple customisable web page which feeds into Jim2 automatically
– no re-keying needed. Built-in error checking prevents Customer data entry mistakes and ensures correct billing. Jim2 then automatically creates your billing jobs – thus ensuring you are ready to invoice as soon as you have the meter reads.
Jim2 eBusiness Meter Reads works seamlessly with Jim2 eBusiness Service (optional addition). Jim2 eBusiness Service allows customers to log service jobs via the web and includes additional photocopier related features including ‘Request Service’ and ‘Request Consumables’.
Jim2® eBusiness Connect Vendor Feeds
(Stock information feeds within Jim2)
With Jim2 Business Engine as your complete business accounting software, Jim2 eBusiness opens up a whole new world of time-savings and automation of repetitive tasks. You can now enjoy looking up your Suppliers' pricelists from WITHIN Jim2, rather than calling, faxing, emailing and websurfing for prices.
At present we have 4 Vendors on board for Jim2 eBusiness:
- Ingram Micro, EDSYS, Dicker Data and Ricoh
- We have developed a 'generic' feed method for Jim2 eBusiness so that you have the ability to bring ABSOLUTELY ANY SUPPLIERS' PRICELIST into Jim2 Business Engine. All you need to do is call us!
Managed Print Services Connectors
Jim2 is able to integrate with the industry-leading MPS software to automatically bring in Meter Reads, service or consumables requests and then prepare your billing. Take your meter reads entry and processing from days down to just minutes. Read more about the Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Connectorstop
Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition currently integrates with the following MPS tools:
Jim2® Managed Print Services Edition Reports – Accurate and Relevant Reports at your Fingertips
“Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition gives me a clear view of all my machines and their profitability to my business. Jim2 disciplines my staff and myself to record every transaction that takes place within my business. Automatic billing calculation, and especially improved stock control have improved the way I manage my business processes and have saved me time AND money. I have been able to reduce administration costs and have consequently increased my profit."
– Darryl Gravestocks, Founder Murray Computer & Office Shop, Murray Bridge, SA
Meter Report – Analyse your Contracted Machines Performance
The Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition includes the Meter Report, a comprehensive report giving total page counts revenue and costs for each machine in a list for all meter information collected for that machine. This may include Scanner meters; Fax meters; Print meters and 'Minimum Charge' and 'Base Charge' information. Using the powerful List functionality, drill down on your 'Machines in Field' for Period, Make/Model, Contract type, Machine type, Priority, Technician, Client and/or site and much more, including any combination. Save the report for use in MS Excel or other spreadsheet or BI applications for further analysis.
Machine Cost Per Copy – Quickly analyse your cost structure based on cost per copy for your entire MIF or for Individual Machines
Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition’s Cost per Copy reports support unlimited Meters so you can analyse Colour as well as Black meters. Other systems in the market just analyse the CPC for Total Pages of a machine – Jim2 Business Engine Managed Print Services Edition analyses even scanner meters if you wish. You can even analyse machines under ‘Prepaid Page' contracts. Using the List functionality you can drill down on your MIF for detailed analysis of your contracts by Customer; Make/Model; contract type and much more. This report can be printed or saved in MS Excel format for further analysis or comparison.
Machine Profit Report - by a List of Machines or Individual Machine
The Individual Machine Record gives a Financial History summary or detailed report for all Jobs (Calls) for a Machine record. This report includes Billing details (Pages or clicks sold), Actual Labour and Billed labour (if applicable) and all parts and toner used. The Machine Profit report can also be run on a Machine List, designed to analyse your MIF and provide financial data (GP Margin) using the powerful 'Jim2 Lists' functionality.
And many more Reports Cover All Aspects of your Copier Business
- Job Profit Report – Analyse the Profitability of all jobs and callouts for a Technician or any other criteria (eg Serial Number)
- Machine Response Report – Analyse Service response times to close a call vs Contracted Response times. Jim2 List functionality allows detailed analysis of your contracts.
- Stock Profit Report – Generic Report(s) in Jim2 which is very useful to analyse at a product group (or individual Stock code) level, the financial information (revenue and profit/Margin) for that Group. Analyse income and margin for other consumables ordered by a customer not included in Contract, eg. for Staples etc
- Machine List – Page Request Form – Meter request run from a list, with or without displaying
previous meter read
- Machine List – Page Request Test – Meter request Test
- Machine List – Machine – Machine Contract details, Detailed and Profit Margin by Machine #
- Machine & Machine Detailed – Machine Contract details, Detailed report includes Jobs and other information related to that machine
- Machine – Page Request Form – Meter Read (for reprint), with or without meter count
- Parts Spend – Reports on parts used and cost for a list of Jobs (callouts)