Keep Everything in One Place with
Jim2® Document Management
Jim2 Document Management is a fully integrated document resource and security centre for all business documentation. Any customer, product or service documents are securely stored in your business management software.
Managing business and customer documents across any business is a complex task, often involving a mixture of filing cabinets, network drives and email folders. But there is a solution to manage every document in a way that's convenient and accessible to the entire team, adding documents throughout your workflow software in the latest feature to Jim2 – Document Management.
Any Document, Anytime
- Find documents in an instant, tied to the details it relates to, in one centralised location.
- Never be without information, with access in the office and out on the road.
- Increase workforce efficiency, locating documents quicker than relying on multiple folders, drives, and searching traditional file management systems.
- Enhance collaboration and consistency across the board with the most recent documents readily available at all times.
- Eliminate the threat of misplacing files, disaster recovery and unrestricted access.
Fully Integrated Documents
Jim2 Document Management feature enables you to store ANY documents, such as brochures, customer supporting documents, plans/drawings and user manuals (just to name a few) within Jim2 Business Engine. Now there's little reason to maintain separate systems to securely store important business documents. Jim2 Document Management lets you add, view, update and delete documents in any file format you wish (images, PDFs, Microsoft Office documents, etc), conveniently located in the Jim2 User Interface.
Store customer signed reports from Jim2 Mobile, send catalogues to customers, push product images to your website and to customer invoices, and store key internal resources in this centralised location.
Document Management is the latest standard feature to Jim2 Business Engine – That’s right, FREE to all editions.
Anywhere, Anytime Jim2® Mobile
Find complete access to Jim2 Documents from the palm of your hand, with the latest feature available to your team when partnering Jim2 Mobile with Jim2 desktop v4.0.
View your complete document library from Jim2 Mobile, and find added ability to also send documents to clients and prospects on the spot, supporting not only staff, but also others with real-time information.
The latest additions to Jim2 Mobile really takes it to a new level of versatility.
Documents and signable reports, which are new to Jim2 Mobile, empower your team with an incredibly valuable source of concise information. Available while out on a job, or at a meeting.
Your staff can even send a copy of the signed acceptance, or any document to your customer before heading off to their next appointment.
Send documents via email within Jim2 using two new features available to all:
- Include documents from Jim2 as email attachments.
- Include documents as hyperlinks.
Jim2 enables you to save online published document hyperlinks in Jim2 to provide to your email recipient with links to download, significantly reducing the size of your outbound email to a customer. This feature is perfect to distribute brochures also available at your business website.
To understand how popular a document is, Jim2 even keeps a tally of the number of times a document has been emailed from Jim2, helping you to keep tabs on the most popular documents.
Growing Jim2® Documents
Expand and add to Jim2 Documents feature in a number of ways:
Add documents to an object in Jim2 ;– such as a particular job, quote, stock, cardfile, item, contract, or machine – by simply selecting the documents to drag and drop from your desktop, or email to Jim2 to link the document directly to the record. Adding a document in this way hides it from general view in Jim2 to keep your system clean and uncluttered with highly specific documents.
Alternatively, add documents to the Jim2 document library, available on the Jim2 Ribbon, by selecting 'Add a Document', or simply drag and drop the file to Jim2 Documents. Adding a document this way will show in your document library. Now you are ready to apply any number of tags to sort your new documents within the library.
Using Folders, Tags, Categories, and Usage
Create a folder structure in Jim2 to easily navigate through, and organise documents in the Jim2 library. Essentially, there are three additional ways to expand on folders, and organise and categorise documents. You can assign tags/categories for greater insight into the types of documents you use, and usage to directly label a document's purpose.
These tags are really powerful, and help you to identify how you will use the images moving forward. A few uses you may adopt might include image, signed document, or signature. In the future you may want to push product images to your website to assist customers in their online purchases, or register a staff signature to an order also signed by a customer.
Beautiful to Use
Our new features are created to be user friendly, and moving, adding, organising and labelling documents is just as easy:
- Not only can you drag and drop a file into Jim2, also have the ability to select a document or multiple documents at once, and drag into a different folder with Jim2 Documents folder structure.
- Documents which aren't frequently required can be hidden from general view in the document library. For example, a customer's signed contract can be set to hidden, which enables you to view a library of widely used 'company' documents including brochures, product images and document templates available for everyday use, while keeping documents linked to a specific job or quote, out of prominent view in Jim2 Documents, such as signed contracts or plans. Selecting to 'show hidden' quickly uncovers important hidden documents to view in Jim2 Documents.
- There are also a number of views and 'looks' of Jim2 Documents available to choose from, including details (list view), medium sized document icons, and large document icons.
- Added bonus to preview your selected document on screen, before opening a selected document.
- Easily perform document searches from the available search tab. Here, you can refine your search by file location, date updated, by user, cardfile code, file size, folder, category or tags.
- Like other lists in Jim2, users can create document lists to save types of documents to their navigation tree which are relevant to their role. Each list can be personalised with a different view.
Always Up to Date With Version Control
Jim2 is more than a document storage system – it's also a management system. The functionality of Jim2 Documents brings you complete assurance in maintaining the latest versions of your documents using version control features.
Jim2 Document Management includes ability to manage edits, performing a 'Check out' and 'Check in' action to take a document out of Jim2, update its content, and return it to Jim2, ensuring staff always have the most recent version on hand. It's also useful where a formal quality control system is required (ISO 9000, for example).
By checking in a document, your team can add a document including full version control, identifying staff, date stamp, and a complete description of amendments, along with user access security functionality.
User security settings enable you to assign access for users and roles to view, edit and delete documents from Jim2 Business Engine.